Wednesday, October 31, 2007

INDISTR 10! Interview with Mic Terror

I've got to be honest, over the past 2 years, CHICAGO has been pumping nothing but greatness out of the hip-hop/hipster-hop/backpack-rap/insert-your-own-zinger-here-scene. Between Qualo, Mic Terror, Shala, Million $ Mano, Holywood Holt, Cool Kids, Flosstradamus, Kid Sister, and a slew of others, it's been nothing but pure, new, refreshing, music. I'm always the first to admit I like something refreshing in the scene. I'll go from Reggae to Weirdo, it doesn't matter. As long as your bringing something new to the scene that makes me want more, it's obviously working in whatever scene it is for Chicago. I bring you Mic Terror, be on the lookout, this guy has some moves up his sleeve, including URB's top 1000 contest! GO VOTE @ www.urb.com, then come back, read this interview, watch the video, and buy his album!!!!!





1. Let’s start from the beginning, when and where did it all start? And with who?
My pops always listened to rap around me from the day I was born. I really took a liking to N.W.A, 2 LIVE CREW, and WHODINI. And then in 1992 Kriss Kross came out with “JUMP”. I started writing raps at age 7. I saw kids emceeing like my Idols at the time, and figured I could be an emcee too.

2. If you had to describe your sound in one sentence, what would you say?
My sound is organized retardation! (LOL)

3. How often does Mic Terror work on music?
I write everyday and record every week.

4. What do you see in the future for music, with all of the outlets available for exposure?
I believe anybody can get famous now… due to all of the outlets for exposure, but it still takes talent to have longevity… but 15 minutes of fame are available to the public now! I see a lot more one hit wonders for the future…. and Mic Terror being one of the few sources for good hip hop!

5. Who are some underrated artists/bands that you think deserve more attention?
Dead Prez, Mic Terror (of course), The Cool Kids, Lupe Fiasco, and that’s about it, MUFUC$*%S is wack right now…LOL



6. What has Mic Terror been listening to lately?
Kanye, Fifty, Mic Terror, N.W.A, Dr.Dre, Twista, Queen, Metallica, R.Kelly, James Brown, Prince, Rick James, Oran “JUICE” Jones, I listen to all types of music but mostly hip hop.

7. Your thoughts on independent music and if it’s possible to be successful through these means of distribution?
It’s all about your hustle! I think the whole industry is going to be independent in the next few years… once artists realize the labels don’t know what they’re doing anymore.


8. If you were to go tell your fans what album to go buy, what would you tell them and why?
I would tell them to buy Kanye, Common, Lupe, and look out for Mic Terror because Chicago takin over!!!! HIIIIOOOOOOOO!!!!!

9. How many shows do you play a year? What’s the atmosphere typically like?
Somewhere between 30 and 40 shows per year. My shows attract groups of people that would never meet otherwise. (I.E. Gangsters, Hipsters, Backpackers, Punks, etc.)

10. Lastly, your thoughts on INDISTR.COM?
I love INDISTR for helping spread the Mic Terror gospel.

No comments: