Monday, October 22, 2007

INDISTR 10! Interview with Corey Crowder!

Hailing from Greenville, South Carolina, INDISTR 10! brings you Corey Crowder. Always on the road, always playing a gig, always growing his fan base, keep an eye out for Corey, as he's sweeping the singer/songwriter/acoustic sounds by storm. Thanks to Steve for making this happen!!





1. Let’s start from the beginning, when and where did it all start? And with who?
I started playing guitar about 14 years ago but I didn't take music very seriously until 2001 when I was in college playing at open mic nights. I got a good reaction from a lot of the original stuff I was playing so it pushed me to pursue making music.

2. If you had to describe Corey Crowder’s sound in one sentence, what would you say?
This was said of my music and I liked the way they put it...
Crowder's music manages to capture elements of the 60's and 70's while still maintaining relevance in the modern music world.

3. Name 3 artists that have inspired you as an artist.
Bob Dylan, Johnny Cash, Ryan Adams

4. What do you see in the future for music, with all of the outlets available for exposure, along with the current Internet craze?
I don't know what the future holds but right now is a prime time for independent musicians to make their mark and take advantage of the internet. It is FREE! And you can instantly reach people across the world. Who would have ever thought?

5. What can we expect to see from Corey Crowder in the next year? Any big plans?
I am recording a new album beginning later this month and it will be out in Spring 08'. It is the first new material I have had out in 2 years so you can expect a little change in my sound.

6. What has Corey Crowder been listening to lately?
Bob Dylan, Creedence Clearwater Revival, The Rolling Stones, Ryan Adams

7. Your thoughts on independent music and if it’s possible to be successful through these means of distribution?
I think that as I said before, right now is the time for an independent musician to capitalize on all the crazy outlets there are that are free.

8. If we can’t find you playing a gig or practicing music, where might we expect to find you?
I love the outdoors. So you may find me hiking or fishing or even just hanging outside with my dog.

9. How many shows do you play a year? What’s the atmosphere typically like?
I try to be gone about 6 months out of the year. That keeps me home with my wife the other part of the year. Shows are typically laid back and the audience varies quite a bit in age. Most nights it is an older crowd but there is always a good variety.

10. Lastly, your thoughts on INDISTR.COM?
INDISTR.COM is doing great things for independent musicians. I think it is a great oulet for musicians to make their music available.

No comments: